Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for a enthusiastic and experienced to join our fantastic team and to help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in our growth.
You will do this by building strong Product teams by supporting their developers and processes. You will play a key role in the continued development of our strong, psychologically safe Engineering culture of continual learning, trust, empowerment and experimentation are at the heart. It is unlikely that you will be hands-on with code but you will need enough technical experience to contribute to technical discussions and be able to empathise with the technical team.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who…
- Loves to develop engineers and their teams and create an enabling environment for them to thrive
- Is experienced at working with high performing engineering teams that deliver high quality value
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail
- Is comfortable is a fast paced, ever changing and improving development environment
- Can work with stakeholders across the breadth and depth of the business to influence change, enable or unblock issues
- Has strong communication and leadership skills
- Is a curious and continuous learner who develops themselves as well as others
- Loves to build great products with scale, security, resilience and a great customer experience
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’l be …
- Building and enabling great Product teams through personal development and line management of engineers
- Ensuring we have the right technical skills in the team to tackle the challenges the business is solving
- Recruiting and onboarding
- Working closely with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of value to our clients
- Championing a culture of strong modern engineering, agile and quality practices such as automated testing and small, frequent deploys to production
- Working with Head of Engineering and other senior stakeholders to deliver cross-team initiatives that contribute to our foundations for growth and success such as training, process - improvement, tech blogs
- Contributing and developing appropriate KPIs and metrics that enable teams to continually improve
Our tech stack
We use Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas, and React on the front end
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.