Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, analytical problem solver to join our small, dynamic team as an IT support analyst.
Your primary responsibility will be providing frontline IT support to the Seccl team, and to work closely with Seccl’s outsourced IT service provider to ensure that help desk requests are logged and resolved in a timely manner.
In addition, you will be responsible for the maintenance of Seccl’s Apple Mac estate to ensure devices remain patch current as well as managing Seccl’s IT lifecycle process, including procurement and disposal.
What will you be doing?
- You will act as a focal point for all internal IT support requests and, where possible, provide first contact resolution to the reported issue
- Where necessary, you will log IT support tickets with Seccl’s outsourced IT service provider, and monitor their resolution
- You will interact with Seccl’s Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Office 365 tenant to action first line support requests, such as the creation and deletion of user accounts, management of SharePoint sites and mailbox administration
- You will monitor the status of patching (macOS and third-party applications) across Seccl’s laptop estate, and where necessary implement corrective actions to ensure that the devices remain up to date
- You’ll also ensure that all laptops remain conformant with Seccl’s security policy, e.g., malware protection, disk encryption, host firewall controls etc.
- You will manage the creation and deletion of user accounts for new starters and leavers
- You will execute Seccl’s IT lifecycle process, i.e., the procurement and secure disposal of devices, along with maintaining the IT asset register
Who are we looking for?
- 3+ years working in an IT service desk / support role
- Experienced in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Practical experience with the following Microsoft products:
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin Centre (Intune)
- Azure Active Directory
- Apple macOS configuration, troubleshooting and support
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We’re a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up, and the substance to not screw them up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we’re proud we’ve cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath, London and (soon to be!) Edinburgh. We’re working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We’ve always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off, and access to the Outliers wellbeing community.
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Karoline or Janette from our people team will be in touch.