Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced technologist with a passion for security. This role is perfect for someone who is pragmatic and has the ability to grow a team from the ground up! You will be responsible for driving and implementing Seccl’s security initiatives whilst simultaneous setting up a TechOps team.
Our vision for TechOps is to be a modern, lean version of an enterprise IT team. Covering 1st line support, new joiner and leaver equipment procedures and high-level strategy that ensure the employees of Seccl to do their jobs as efficiently as possible! We want someone comfortable with being the first person on the ground in both of these teams and so you’ll have to be comfortable spinning multiple plates simultaneously.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who…
- Has 5+ years experience working in information security with a proven track record of owning IT Security & Operations
- Is comfortable being solely responsible for delivering Seccl’s Information Security policy including vision, roadmap and delivery
- Has the ability to advise and provide a pragmatic outlook to the management team on key security issues
- Is comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a high cadence of change
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail.
- Has run and managed an IT Operations department.
- Is as comfortable dealing with day-to-day issues that come with being the sole team member of an IT Ops team as you are managing the security roadmap of a Fintech firm. Although we expect this team to grow over time, initially you will be the only team member meaning you must be happy to get stuck in!
It would be nice to have…
- Experience in a highly scalable fast growing business.
- An understanding of the ISO 27001 qualification process.
- Any knowledge of Typescript, NodeJS and MongoDB.
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll be…
- Managing Seccl’s IT Security and Operations by to creating and conveying the long term vision of the team and getting stuck into the day to day issues
- Managing our Office365 and AWS estate whilst spotting security issues and putting them right
- Creating slick new joiner and leaver processes and managing the distribution of Seccl’s hardware
- Co-ordinating Pen Tests and other security focussed testing; analysing the results and holding the rest of the organisation to account on the issues.
- Building security into the entire software lifecycle and championing it with engineering, product and the wider business
- Owning the Security Incident Management process together with our DevOps lead and ensure best practice and tooling are in place
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.