Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for an analytical problem solver and a solid team player who is customer and delivery focused. The role is as broad as it is exciting – a chance to work across a wide array of processes and systems, helping the Seccl business scale and serve its customers in a slick, efficient way.
What will you be doing?
The Tactical Solutions function sits between the Operations, Customer and Development teams, helping both to fix internal and external issues, working to an SLA (Service Level Agreement) framework. The team has a broad remit, working across all production systems, investigating new issues, writing scripts, helping design fixes and resolving simple bugs, whilst working every day with the wider Product and Engineering teams as part of the internal triage & resolution framework. More specifically, you will be building tools to monitor business functions, dashboards to provide management insight into our data and actively managing system exceptions as they arise. You can read about what an average day looks like in this blog (job title recently changed from app support engineer):
In a nutshell:
- You’ll work closely with Product, Operations and Customer teams to solve problems, automate workloads and provide insight with data analytics.
- This is a technical role, requiring an understanding of the Seccl structure, systems and data to support engineering.
- It’s the third hire into the Tactical Solutions team, meaning a lot of early responsibility and development opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The most important skill is determination and a desire to solve problems. At Seccl, we’re in our ‘scale-up’ phase, which means things are moving really fast and challenges can arise at any time and in any form. To excel in Tactical Solutions, the ability to work well under pressure and to SLAs is important, as well as good prioritisation and communication skills.
Ideally, we’re looking for somebody with:
- Some experience with coding (ideally Python and/or JS), databases (Mongo, preferably, or any other non-relational database), JSON and REST APIs. Experience with Node.js would also be great, although not essential.
- Some industry experience (not essential, but any experience is great) – potentially in a broking, dealing or platform environment.
- A real interest in technology and how it can disrupt markets and improve outcomes for customers.
- A team player who doesn’t shy away from a challenge and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.