Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services and improve the lives of millions of people.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, empathetic and talented ‘people person’ to join our small, dynamic team as Senior Customer Support.
Supporting the Customer Support Lead, you’ll be helping resolve any major or high impacting incidents and problems that arise to deliver quality support services for both internal and external users. In order to do this, you’ll quickly need to gain a deep understanding of our customers’ businesses, the technology capability and our product and engineering functions to ensure strong collaborative delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Triage –developing and implementing solutions to any queries, incidents and problems raised by our customers in relation to our technology
- Responding to customer queries, providing them with the information they need quickly and empathetically
- Anticipating high-friction areas for our customers and providing practical solutions that ensure the team continue to deliver at pace
- Driving accountability and awareness, solving problems, removing roadblocks, and proactively searching out and addressing risks or weaknesses to ensure that issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Ensuring feedback is provided to the team as part of continuous improvements with regards to code quality, test, and defect management
- Partnering with customer success executives to ensure nothing slips through the cracks and building and establishing key stakeholder relationships across product, engineering and with our customers
- Ensuring the technology remains robust and fit for purpose and complements future strategic decisions
- Providing a detailed level of reporting, discovering, and interpreting any trends within the data and building solutions to remedy these
Who are we looking for?
- A people person with strong and confident communication skills. You’ll be able to easily build rapport, and adapt your style depending on the client or situation
- Someone who is interested in technology and hungry to learn and develop new skills. You’ll buy into the fact that technology, particularly the use of APIs, can improve financial services – and specifically wealth management – for the better
- You’ll be confident in presenting reasoned analysis and make recommendations to senior stakeholders – both verbal and written
- You’ll be experienced in the agile methodology (whether it is scrum or lean Kanban) and its application
- You will care deeply about building reliable and well-tested systems whilst striving to build a scalable product
- You’re proactive, resilient and comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll like working at pace owning the work you do, thinking on your feet and spinning plates
- You’ll be empathetic, kind and with bags of innate integrity. You’ll do the right thing, even when no-one’s watching
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We’re a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up, and the substance to not screw them up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we’re proud we’ve cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath, London and (soon to be!) Edinburgh. We’re working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We’ve always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off, and access to the Outliers wellbeing community.
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and Karoline or Janette from our people team will be in touch.