Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
You’ll be working in one of our cross-functional squads and shipping quality code frequently to production, helping mentor your colleagues and delivering impactful improvements to our product and system. You will also embrace change and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while developing great products.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who’s…
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing fintech that will throw you in at the deep end, and where your learning curve will be steep
- Experience of Node development in a fast moving, agile environment
- Able to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions, with a desire to learn our business domain
- Experienced in writing thorough unit tests with the strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable. Knowledge of continuous integration is required
- Experienced in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Experienced in document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
- A strong communicator with the ability to express new ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Organised and a strong team player
- A quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys working on complex issues
- Experienced in wealth management or stockbroking - beneficial, not essential
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll be…
- Working in a domain-aligned cross functional squad made up of developers, testers and designers along with colleagues from our product, customer and operations teams
- Building and implementing a range of developments
- Hands-on in terms of software development, testing, debugging, deployment and support
- Involved with software specification and documentation
- Helping to develop and promote appropriate processes and best practice
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working to become a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.