Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We’re looking for an analyst to join our small but ambitious team. The Bizops/SaaS team is charged with leading on a number of new business ideas (including our latest venture: ‘SaaS-ing’ some of our proprietary technology) as well as overseeing a suite of analytical projects & workstreams (‘Bizops’). Working very closely with the Operations and Product/Engineering teams, we live for operational efficiency and the use of technology to challenge the fundamentals of financial services – in particular, how technology, new ways of thinking and unit-driven analytics can be combined to rethink and redesign key infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
The role will be deeply analytical – playing in the weeds of data and commercial analysis every day. But there’s a lot of scope to get involved with marketing, policy/lobbying, preparing content & collateral for new product releases, working with partner firms on technology implementation and business redesign etc. It’s a broad and varied role, one definitely suited to somebody keen to learn a lot very quickly, but in an environment that rewards creativity and experimentation. Every day will be different – that’s 100% for certain. This is a great opportunity to join a team at the start of a few very exciting journeys.
Who are we looking for?
We are open to experience and skillset. The role will of course involve a lot of data handling and modelling, and although prior knowledge of the industry (financial services in general, custody & trading, SaaS models etc.) would be great to have, this isn’t essential – we have a well-established onboarding & training framework to get you up-to-speed quickly. Really, we’re looking for an individual that’s excited about using data, analytics, technology and new ways of thinking to drive change in financial services.
Some skills and experiences that might be beneficial (although none are essential):
- Experience with modelling (financial/commercial/cost/big data etc.)
- An interest in unit economics
- Experience with using REST APIs
- Experience with writing code – Python and/or JS are the main ones we use
- Understanding of client money, asset custody, dealing & trading, transfers, corporate actions etc. (even if just bits and pieces of a few of these)
- Experience preparing written content and/or presentations for sales/marketing/external communications
- Experience with project management/technology implementations/technology consulting
- An interest in policy/regulation and the roles that technology & new ways of thinking play in driving change and altering behaviours in financial services
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.