Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced full stack software developer to join our team. You will be a quick learner who enjoys building new functionality in a fast-paced environment.
We are an API first organisation and while you may work on our front-end the majority of your work will predominantly be back-end focused.
You’ll be someone who’s…
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing fintech that will throw you in at the deep end, and where your learning curve will be steep
- Experience of Node development in a fast moving, agile environment
- Able to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions, with a desire to learn our business domain
- Experienced in writing thorough unit tests with the strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable. Knowledge of continuous integration is required
- Experienced in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Experienced in document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
- A strong communicator with the ability to express new ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
- Organised and a strong team player
- A quick learner, able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys working on complex issues
- Experienced in wealth management or stockbroking - beneficial, not essential
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll be…
- Working in a domain-aligned cross functional squad made up of developers and testers, along with colleagues from our product, customer and operations teams
- Building and implementing a range of developments
- Hands-on in terms of software development, testing, debugging, deployment and support
- Involved with software specification and documentation
- Helping to develop and promote appropriate processes and best practice
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses