Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We’re looking for a Senior devops engineer to join our team to shape and develop our cutting-edge platform. As an experienced professional in Observability, CI/CD, and AWS, you will navigate complex challenges and approach platform design pragmatically. Leverage modern tools, languages, and platforms to contribute to efficient, secure, and scalable delivery of high-performance products. Make a difference in our team and revolutionise the industry.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who’s…
- Implementing infrastructure-as-code with Terraform and the Serverless Framework for reliable and consistent platform deployment
- Continuously improving CI/CD tooling to streamline development and release processes, ensuring high-quality and secure delivery
- Leading in observability, generating actionable alerts and utilising data to drive platform improvements
- Leveraging managed services to enable the team to focus on delivering core business value
- Building essential core tooling to reduce cognitive load for engineering teams, enabling the rapid delivery of high-quality features
The role is for you if:
- You are comfortable engaging in debates about processes and methodologies, actively contributing fresh ideas and challenging the status quo. Embrace a culture of psychological safety, confidently voicing opinions to achieve quality standards.
- You are proficient in major CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, TeamCity, etc. Hands-on experience setting up and configuring these tools for streamlined development and deployment.
- You have comprehensive understanding of AWS, with experience building with Lambda/API Gateway/SQS. Practical knowledge of implementing and optimising AWS solutions efficiently.
- You are an effective communicator, conveying technical concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues. Translate complex details into understandable language, fostering clear and efficient communication within the team.
- You have demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, with bonus points for writing tests. Develop robust solutions with code quality ensured through effective testing practices.
- You are well versed in DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering principles, focusing on CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, alerting, containerisation, automation, etc. Actively seek opportunities to enhance system reliability, scalability, and efficiency.
- You are proficient in managing infrastructure and deployments using Terraform, Python, and the Serverless framework. Efficiently provision and maintain infrastructure as code for smooth deployments and scalability.
- You are familiar with data tooling such as Kafka, Redshift, and Airflow, and the ability to leverage these technologies appropriately when needed. You understand how these tools fit into the data ecosystem and their use cases.
Unfortunately we cannot progress anyones application who requires any type visa sponsorship
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses