Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for a talented QA automation engineer to join our amazing team and work on a range of exciting products. You will perform manual testing and seek to automate wherever possible. You will also help mentor your colleagues to deliver impactful improvements to our product and system, while bringing new ideas to the team and contributing to the QA framework.
We are an API first organisation and while you may work on our front-end the majority of your work will predominantly be back-end focused.
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll…
- Work in a domain-aligned cross functional squad made up of developers, testers, and product managers, along with colleagues from our customer and operations teams
- Work closely with the product team to provide input into shaping future work
- Be a technical QA leader within the squad
- Be influential in setting the technical QA direction within a squad
- Mentor and support other members of the team and the wider engineering organisation in all things QA.
- Work across squads to develop and improve QA processes, best practice and technologies
- Write automated tests, debug, deploy and support
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who...
- Can develop and implement a QA strategy with support from colleagues
- Enjoys testing all products throughout the development process and working closely with the engineering and product teams
- Has the ability to work across multiple projects and is adaptable to a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strives to achieve high test coverage across our product and development lifecycle
- Can discover untested scenarios and work closely with product teams to ensure robust acceptance criteria
- Will make sure that manual tests are organised and performed where automation is not possible
- Has excellent knowledge of test automation frameworks for both front-end and back-end testing
- Is experienced in API test automation
- Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
- Who has experience of moving from simple user stories to TDD/BDD stories that use Gherkin
- Is ISTQB qualified, or similar qualification (desirable)
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We work in both Scrum and Kanban depending on the squad’s preference, with ceremonies including daily standups, refinement, retrospectives and reviews.
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses