Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We’re looking for a Product owner to join one of our cross-functional squads. This person will be obsessed with solving customer problems and transforming the advice and investments space. Seccl’s technology spans the breadth of the retail investment landscape, ranging from trading, custody, client money, client reporting, tax wrapper administration, portfolio tools and much more – so this is an exciting opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be part of a tight-knit, high-performing, autonomous cross-functional squad who love our customer problems more than our solutions
- Collaborating with a squad of engineers and QA to own the end to end delivery of technology to our customers – shaping, designing, building and maintaining your squads part of the product
- Translating product roadmap features into well defined product requirements including epics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Prioritising and maintaining the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders and maximising value
- Partnering with the Lead Product Manager, stakeholders and customers across the organisation to inform the product vision, strategy, features and prioritisation
- Engaging with customers to gather requirements and validate solutions that your squad is building
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to make evidence based decisions
The role is for you if:
- You have direct experience working in either investment platforms, fintech or a related domain such as banking tech. Experience of one or more of the following areas desirable – APIs, payments technology, tax wrappers such as SIPPs and ISAs.
- You have a bias for action – you are not afraid to be pro-active, even in the face of uncertainty
- You can bring structure and clarity to situations of ambiguity and unknowns
- You are obsessed by problems, analysing the world around you and assessing opportunities for growth and change
- You are delivery focused
- You are an effective communicator and listener
- You are a self-directed learner able to bring the outside in to Seccl for the benefit of our team and customers
- You have an interest for continuous improvement in product management – you read and listen to a range of influences
Unfortunately we cannot progress anyones application who requires any type visa sponsorship
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses