Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We’re looking for an Operations analyst to join our growing team. You will be working primarily in the cash area of our operations team and be responsible for the completion of daily operational processes within that space. This ranges from processing cash transactions to investigating and resolving issues raised by our customers. You will work closely with the rest of our Operations team along with our customer teams to ensure operational processes and issues are resolved in line with agreed SLAs.
On a typical day you will be…
- Investigating and taking end to end ownership of our cash processes. Ensuring issues are resolved in line with regulatory and customer agreed SLAs
- Recommending steps for improvement needed to day to day processing to prepare us for scale
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, using Python scripts with a variety of workflows and utilising a range of collaborative applications
- Taking ownership of key operational processes within the investments domain with a focus on scale and risk and controls
The role is for you if:
- You have good domain knowledge of investment platforms, particularly knowledge of the CASS environment
- You have strong data analysis skills and are comfortable working with complex data sets
- You have experience in a fast-paced environment where context switching is common
- You have strong communication and organisation skills with the ability to describe to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have basic knowledge of, or a willingness and desire to learn, Python, JSON and REST APIs with a keen attitude to learn how our processes sit on top of them
This role isn’t for you if:
- You rely on a lot of top-down direction. Here, you’ll have a lot of freedom and ownership of your role, and you’ll be expected to shape your own progression
- You’re not comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Our speed and scalability is what sets us apart; you need to be able to act quickly and think on your feet
- You struggle to follow through on your ideas. We value people who do what they say they will. If you care about something, you have the freedom here to make it happen
- You don’t like change. You’ll get on great here if you relish the ambiguity of rapid growth and are willing to embrace uncertainty
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses