Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access the financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products, and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
We’re looking for a junior operations analyst looking to join our growing team. You will be at an early stage in your career looking to progress a career within the fintech space. You will be responsible for the processing of daily operational and investment tasks across all our product types. This could range from processing transfer requests for our clients, to processing cash and investment dividend payments in and out of accounts. You will be in close contact with all areas of the Operations team to ensure we maintain high standards of service during an exciting period of accelerated growth.
On a typical day you will be….
- Processing operational tasks such as transfers and cash payments across ISAs, JISAs, GIAs and Pension wrappers.
- Using internal and external transfer and payment systems to manage cash and asset flows.
- Working as part of a small team, using effective communication to ensure daily tasks are completed with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintaining ownership of any request until resolution and meeting agreed SLA’s.
- Taking ownership of key operational processes within the operations domain.
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, using Python scripts with a variety of workflows, and utilising a range of collaborative applications.
- You’ll find that your work alignment will change from time to time as the business grows to meet the changing demands of a rapidly scaling Operations function.
This role is for you if:
- You have a willingness to learn about products, technology and investment wrappers with previous experience desirable
- You have experience in a fast-paced environment where context switching is common.
- You have a willingness to learn more about and take ownership of processes and customer outcomes
- You have strong communication, organisational skills and an eye for accuracy
- You are a team player who is customer and delivery focussed and wants to gain new skills on the journey.
- You have an interest in modern data technology and may have played around with basic coding, databases and APIs.
This role isn’t for you if:
- You rely on a lot of top-down direction. Here, you’ll have a lot of freedom and ownership of your role, and you’ll be expected to shape your own progression.
- You’re not comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Our speed and scalability is what sets us apart; you need to be able to act quickly and think on your feet.
- You struggle to follow through on your ideas. We value people who do what they say they will. If you care about something, you have the freedom here to make it happen.
- You don’t like change. You’ll get on great here if you relish the ambiguity of rapid growth and are willing to embrace uncertainty.
Unfortunately we cannot progress anyones application who requires any type visa sponsorship
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest, and a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture-first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we continually strive towards making our workplace a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We’re currently working as a hybrid team, supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We will always champion flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out our Glassdoor page for the latest reviews or our Instagram, and LinkedIn for company updates and insights from the team.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, online GP and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers wellbeing community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses