Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
About this role
We’re looking for a Product Manager (or Senior Product Manager) to join and lead one of our cross-functional squads. We’re looking for someone obsessed with solving customer problems and transforming the advice and investments space. Seccl’s technology spans the breadth of the retail investment landscape, ranging from trading, custody, client money, client reporting, tax wrapper administration, portfolio tools and much more.
What will you be doing?
- Helping build a tight-knit, high-performing, autonomous cross-functional team who love our customer problems more than our solutions
- Collaborating with your squad of engineers, designers and QA to own the end-to-end delivery of value to our customers – shaping, designing, iterating, and maintaining your part of the product
- Frequently speaking to and empathising with our customers – we want you to know our customers better than anyone
- Working with stakeholders and your squad to build out a coherent vision and mission for your squad
- Working with stakeholders and your squad to set objectives and key results for your squad
- Running Seccl ceremonies – including demos, retros, and roadmap prioritisation ceremonies
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to make evidence-based decisions
- Building a product culture that is hinged on empowered squads obsessing over delivering a great product to customers, through experimentation and continuous improvement
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who:
- Has a bias for action – you are not afraid to make decisions, even in the face of uncertainty
- Is a big picture thinker – you recognise the time to step back and think big
- Has previous product management experience (ideally 2+ years) in a fast-moving, complex environment, preferably a tech start up
- Thrives in situations of ambiguity and unknowns
- Puts the customer at the centre of everything
- Is a self-directed learner able to bring the outside in to Seccl for the benefit of our team and customers
- Loves data – extracting, analysing and sharing your conclusions to help drive better product decisions
- Is an empathetic communicator and listener
- Has a passion for continuous improvement in product management – you read and listen to a wide range of influences
- Has experience and/or understanding of payments and investment -payments, transfers or portfolio management
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We’re a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up, and the substance to not screw them up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we’re proud we’ve cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath, London and (soon to be!) Edinburgh. We’re working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We’ve always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off, and access to the Outliers wellbeing community.
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Karoline or Janette from our people team will be in touch.