Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for an analytical problem solver and a solid team player who is customer and delivery-focused. You will work alongside other creative people, at the core of our operations, and will be passionate about helping the business scale. You will have the opportunity to work across all areas of our operations, in doing so getting exposure to all parts of the business. You’ll be working closely with the Customer, Product and Bizops teams to be proactive and explore better ways of working throughout your own development.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of key operational processes across multiple areas of the business
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, including bug fixing and data correction, using Python scripts with a variety of workflows and utilising a range of collaborative applications.
- Maintaining ownership of any request until resolution and meeting agreed SLA’s
- Reviewing and recommending any changes to systems needed to reduce the reliance on the development team, products or services. Sharing knowledge.
- Documentation and mapping of key processes and quick reference guides - we need to have a solid and dynamic understanding of today’s processes in order to build scalably for the engine of tomorrow
- Regular business reporting, using a variety of data sources to ensure we identify less efficient areas of the work
Who are we looking for?
The most important skill is self-determination and a desire to solve problems with exposure to technological solutions.
Our ideal requirements include…
- You will be interested in modern data technology and may have played around with basic coding, databases and APIs. You will be excited about how technology can help firms like ours to drive down costs, improve operational efficiency and streamline processes to improve customer outcomes
- You will need to learn the business domain, so previous experience of financial services or a fintech is desirable.
- Strong communication and organisation skills and able to describe to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A team player who is customer and delivery focussed and wants to gain new skills on the journey.
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.