Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
About the role
We are looking for an analytical problem solver and a solid team player with experience in an asset servicing environment who is customer and delivery focused. You will ideally have knowledge of the UK platform and investment management industry, as well as insight into asset onboarding within platform operations.
You will work alongside other creative people, at the core of our operations, and will be passionate about helping the business scale. You will be able to influence continued improvements and transparency of the work for our customers.
What will you be doing?
The role has responsibility for ensuring all asset requests from customer firms are processed in accordance with SLAs and to ensure adherence to the Seccl Asset Acceptance Policy. T is includes assessment against HRMC, FCA and TPR regulations.
Working closely with the customer team, you will ensure delivery of transparent processing with service driven improvements for automation of regular repeatable activity. This includes:
- Aiding and expediting the development of the asset maintenance area
- Ensuring updates to documentation of processes
- Raising breaches and incidents as they arise
In addition, you will be…
- Reviewing and concluding distribution agreements and account opening documentation
- Maintaining daily asset related vendor oversight and liaison
- Processing Calastone additions and deletions, order monitoring, failures
- Progressing asset set up and due diligence for asset onboarding
- Assisting in the resolution of stock reconciliation breaks for weekly and monthly reconciliation
- Reviewing corporate action and new issue oversight including CREST event monitoring and further Disclosure and Transparency Rules (DTR) analysis for Exchange Trade Activity
- Daily exceptions monitoring across the activities impacting the above
- Working in close partnership with the partner launch / customer onboarding and product teams to accommodate scheduling and impending firm requirements
Day-to-day you’ll be
- Supporting the preparation of accurate MI to ensure transparency of all new asset requests
- Communicating with internal stakeholders to enable strong external awareness and visibility
- Working to resolve blockers to the processes and ensure procedures are fully up to date and reviewed on a regular basis
- Collaborating on seamless customer journeys, working with key stakeholders across the business to determine clear pathways to success
- Identifying any risk mitigation and control improvements to ensure all known risk areas are recorded
- Championing opportunities to continuously improve, automate and streamline any of the daily processes
Who are we looking for?
The most important skill is self-determination and a desire to solve problems with exposure to technological solutions.
Our ideal requirements include…
- Experience in regulated financial services in an asset servicing environment, ideally with knowledge of the UK platform and investment management industry
- Knowledge of asset onboarding within platform operations
- Understanding of appropriate regulatory standards and industry best practice
- Maintaining personal training and competence (T&C) records aligned to the team T&C measures and overarching regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of CASS compliance relating to custody assets
- Completed or undertaking CISI Investment Operations Certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- Awareness of end-to-end process improvement and workflow management
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We’re a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up, and the substance to not screw them up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we’re proud we’ve cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath, London and (soon to be!) Edinburgh. We’re working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We’ve always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off, and access to the Outliers wellbeing community.
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Karoline or Janette from our people team will be in touch.