Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice.
We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can grow more quickly, expand into new and exciting areas and deliver a better experience for their customers.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We recently became part of the Octopus Group – an innovative group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services. We want to change both these industries for the better, to reinvent them the way they should be, improving the lives of millions of people.
Who are we looking for?
We are now looking for an experienced Server-Side Engineer to join our team. You will be a quick learner who enjoys building new functionality in a fast-paced environment.
How can you help? On a day-to-day level, you’ll…
- Build and implement of a range of developments.
- Hands-on server software development, test, debug, deployment and support.
- Software specification and documentation.
- Help develop and promote appropriate processes and best practice.
- Work closely with the development team and Co-Head
You’ll be someone who’s…
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing FinTech that will throw you in at the deep end where your learning curve will be steep.
- Experience of server-side development in a fast moving, agile (SCRUM) environment.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions. Desire to learn our business domain.
- Experience of writing thorough unit tests with the strong desire to ensure code is robust and reliable. Knowledge of continuous integration.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of document-based databases, specifically MongoDB.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express new ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent organisation skills and strong team player.
- A quick learner able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys complex issues and is able to describe to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Previous experience of wealth management or stockbroking is beneficial.
- Knowledge of .Net Core and MVC are beneficial.
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, just 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch