Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can grow more quickly, expand into new and exciting areas and deliver a better experience for their customers.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets via our API. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We recently became part of the Octopus Group – an innovative group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services. We want to change both these industries for the better, to reinvent them the way they should be, improving the lives of millions of people.
How can you help?
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the existing infrastructure whilst learning more about the business.
What will you be doing?
- Building and supporting continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Building on the current framework and supporting the engineering team.
- Working closely with the engineering team and product owners to ensure platform delivery.
- Provisioning of environments.
- Test, debug, deployment and support.
- Managing multiple cloud based environments.
- Automating manual processes and testing.
- Recommending and implementing changes to existing systems.
- Ongoing system maintenance and improvement.
- Solving technical queries.
- Developing and promoting appropriate processes, documentation and best practice.
- Taking on new projects.
Who are we looking for? You’ll be someone who’s…
- Excited about working in a rapidly growing FinTech that will throw you in at the deep end where your learning curve will be steep.
- Had previous experience of a DevOps role in a growing environment.
- Knowledge of continuous integration.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience of document-based databases, specifically MongoDB
- Experience of Amazon Web Services, including Lambda, SQS and SNS and knowledge of Serverless environments
- Excellent organisation skills and strong team player
- A quick learner able to pick up new skills and technologies easily and enjoys complex issues and is able to describe to both technical and non-technical audience
- Experience of git, npm, lerna and desirable to have Amazon Web Service and knowledge of Serverless environments
- Delivery focussed and enjoys taking on a range of projects
How do we work?
We’re a team that of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, just 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch