Who are we?
Seccl a recent addition to the Octopus group is transforming the technology that powers how people invest and get access to financial advice. The Octopus Group is an innovative group of companies operating across Energy, Fintech and Venture Capital.
Seccl is a fully open API investment platform that allows any third party business to either build on top of or integrate with us.
We will achieve our aims by building a fantastic team that is full of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about applying technology to create great digital solutions and services. We are looking for people who want to make a difference by enabling more people to save and invest by using new technology.
We have a positive, open environment that strongly encourages fresh ideas, challenge, experimentation, and learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We are based in the historic City of Bath in a great office space that is a 10-minute walk from the train station.
We are looking for an analytical problem solver and a solid team player who is customer and delivery focused. You will work in the engine room of the business and be passionate about using technology to automate processes, using data at every step to inform and enhance all decisions we make. There will be manual work, requiring you to roll up sleeves and get stuck into the ‘day-to-day,’ but, ultimately, your role will be to work out how to automate everything.
You will be responsible for…
- Owning key operational tasks – things like cash recs, money movements, client onboarding tasks etc. All of this is important and needs careful attention to detail, but ultimately (and more importantly) we want to be automating every possible process and task as soon as we can.
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, including bug fixing and data correction.
- Maintaining ownership of any request until the resolution and meeting agreed SLA’s.
- Reviewing and recommending any changes to systems needed to reduce the reliance on the development team, products or services.
- Assisting with process mapping, documentation and visualisations - we need to have a solid and dynamic understanding of today’s engine in order to build scalably for the engine of tomorrow.
- Assisting with regular business reporting, using a variety of data sources and analytical techniques.
- Identifying, implementing and monitoring of productions systems.
- Supporting with ad-hoc BizOps projects across the business – always with an eye on process automation.
- The most important skill is determination and a desire to solve problems.
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions. Desire to learn our business domain.
- You will have a basic understanding of JSON and REST APIs, and you’ll be excited to learn more and to begin to play around with the tech we are building.
- Strong communication and organisation skills and is able to describe to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A team player who is customer and delivery focussed.
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Interested in joining us and making a difference in the market? You just need to send your CV to Rebecca email@example.com and she will be in touch.