Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice.
We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can grow more quickly, expand into new and exciting areas and deliver a better experience for their customers.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services. We want to change both these industries for the better, to reinvent them the way they should be, improving the lives of millions of people.
How can you help?
We’re looking for a product manager to join our Account and Transactions cross-functional squad. We are looking for someone obsessed with solving customer problems and transforming the advice and investments space. The Accounts and Investments squad focuses building solutions to all things related to executing client investment plans - be that setting up accounts and tax wrappers, facilitating direct cash payments, transfers, as well as direct or discretionary investments.
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll be…
- Helping build a tight-knit, high-performing, autonomous cross-functional team obsessed with solving customer problems
- Collaborating with your squad of engineers, designers and testers to own the end-to-end delivery of value to our customers – shaping, designing, iterating, and maintaining your part of the product
- Frequently speaking to and empathising with our customers – we want you to know our customers better than anyone
- Working with stakeholders and your squad to build out a coherent vision and mission for your squad
- Working with stakeholders and your squad to set objectives and key results for your squad
- Running Seccl ceremonies – including demos, retros, and betting tables
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to make evidence-based decisions
- Building a product culture that is hinged on empowered squads obsessing over delivering a great product to customers, through experimentation and continuous improvement
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who…
- Has bias for action – you are not afraid to make decisions, even in the face of uncertainty
- You are a thinker – you recognise the time to step back and think big
- Previous product management experience in a fast-moving, complex environment, preferably a tech startup
- You thrive in situations of ambiguity and unknowns
- You put the customer at the centre of everything
- You are a self-directed learner
- You love data – extracting, analysing and sharing your conclusions to help drive better product decisions.
- You are an empathetic communicator and listener
- A passion for continuous improvement in product management – you read and listen to a wide range of influences
- Experience and/or understanding of payments and investment -payments, transfers or portfolio management desirable, but not required
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, a stone’s throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.)
And the vital statistics?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 27 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & Life Assurance
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch.