Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for someone creative, curious and analytical to get stuck in and help us carry out our content-driven digital marketing programme here at Seccl.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who’s…
Keen to get to grips with and learn more about mainstream digital marketing tools & social channels (Google Analytics, AdWords, CRM, CMS & email marketing platforms, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram)
Able to grasp complex concepts quickly and communicate them simply and clearly
Organised and able to keep multiple plates spinning
A fast learner who’s curious, eager to try new things and always looking to learn new skills
Comfortable with ambiguity and not scared by ‘blank space’ or a fast-moving environment
Excited about working in a rapidly growing fintech with a steep learning curve
It would be nice if you had…
An aptitude for creating video and photographic content
An eye for design – and a willingness to create visual content (whether that’s social graphics or PowerPoint presentations!)
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll…
Help in the ongoing management of our marketing site, as well as reporting and analytics on traffic, lead flow, conversion etc.
Manage our social media channels – working with our writer to structure and publish a regular schedule of content to help build a community of engaged followers
Support in our paid activity across search and social, including assisting in landing page development (pulling in copy/design resource where required), analysing and optimising for performance – and evaluating campaign performance
Manage our automations and schedule of emails across the customer lifecycle: from initial prospect through to post-sale. While content will be produced by our writer, it’ll be your job to manage set-up, delivery and testing
Support in the creation of content to fuel our marketing campaigns
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our People Team will be in touch.