Who are we?
Want to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing fintechs, that’s powering some of the most innovative and well-known consumer investment platforms around today? You might have heard of companies like Crowdcube, and Chip – did you know that they use our technology?
At Seccl, we’re rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice. Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
If this sounds exciting to you, then Seccl could be the perfect fit. It doesn’t matter if you have no experience in financial services or technology – we welcome unique and diverse talent from all backgrounds.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Devops Engineer. While you won’t need to have held a DevOps position in the past, you should have a passion for automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), as well as a keen interest in monitoring complex distributed software systems.
You’ll be using a wide variety of modern tools, languages and platforms such as Node.js, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Serverless framework, Shell scripts & Docker. You aren’t expected to be an expert in these, but you will need to be a self-motivated learner.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be someone who…
- Has at least two years development experience, ideally using Node.js and Typescript
- Has used a major CI tool such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab, TeamCity etc.
- Has some experience with Git
- Has a strong interest in Devops and Site Reliability Engineering principles– CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, containers, automation etc.
Any AWS or other cloud experience a plus but full training will be provided.
It would be nice to find someone who…
- Has AWS certifications under their belt, including the AWS Security Specialty
- Has CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCP IA, or similar certifications
- Has experience around ISO27001 certification
- Has a working knowledge of Typescript and MongoDB
What will you be doing?
- Automating using a wide variety of technologies depending on the task – Node.js and Typescript are commonly used
- Building and maintaining our CI/CD pipeline using modern tooling and applying best practices
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues etc.
- Helping automate our cloud infrastructure in AWS using modern Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
Our tech stack
We use Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas and
React on the front end.
Culture & benefits
We truly value diversity in our workforce, and we’re actively working becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation. We write quite a lot about what it’s like to work here at Seccl – genuine flexibility, an inclusive and friendly team, a beautiful Bath office, great perks and benefits… we could go on.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. We were recently voted one of the top 100 places to work in the UK by Escape the City.
And if you need further persuading, our current eNPS score of 59 shows that 78% of people who work at Seccl selected 9 or 10 out of 10 on how likely they would be to recommend us as a place to work.
Some of this is down to our generous benefits, that include…
- All the usual stuff – 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays and religious holidays), cycle to work scheme, an extra day off for your birthday, and pension and life assurance policies
- Genuinely flexible working. Come into the office as much or as little as you choose
- Truly inclusive culture where diversity is a top-level objective
- Heavy focus on mental health and wellbeing. Take the time off you need, and make use of our mental health breakout room in the office, as well as free access to therapists and a Headspace subscription
- Strong commitment to continuous learning. We encourage everyone to spend 10% of their time learning new things, and provide free access to over 10,000 online learning courses via Udemy, which you can use for anything you want (whether professionally useful or not)
- Generous freebies and discounts through Perkbox (which includes Perkbox Medical, giving access to GP appointments), and a subscription to Rakuten for free movie downloads
- A genuine commitment to delegated team ownership, a flat structure and massive quest for openness and transparency in how we work and share from the Board all the way down
- Beautiful office in the centre of the stunning city of Bath. A stone’s throw (literally!) from the train and bus station
We’re also part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £10bn+ group of companies including Octopus Energy, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Investments. Octopus are on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people, so it’s great to be under their umbrella.
Our recruitment process has moved to ‘virtual hiring’ only – and we don’t see this changing anytime soon. This will include video interviews and virtual onboarding… stuff that we’ve all become pretty used to over the past eighteen months.
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to email@example.com and a member of our People Team will be in touch.