Who are we?
At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services and improve the lives of millions of people.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, empathetic and talented ‘people person’ to join our small, dynamic team as a project manager - client implementation and onboarding.
You’ll be the primary source of contact for our newly signed clients, steering them through the onboarding process with the help of the other Account Executives. In order to do this, you’ll quickly need to gain a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, helping them get to grips with how they will interact with our technology so that they can launch their new platform proposition.
What will you be doing?
- Be the primary contact and onboarding manager for new clients during their crucial set-up period, working with all areas of our business, including product and tech teams to help firms transition off their existing technology and onto our own
- Build migration timelines for onboarding new customers helping to keep us and them accountable for actions
- Conduct workshops and detailed product UI and API demos
- Understand any product and tech gaps and determine optimal solutions for delivery
- Work with the Partner Launch Lead to get legal agreements set-up with our new clients
- Strive to find the balance between onboarding firms quickly and smashing expectations, while at the same time making sure tasks are completed thoroughly and accurately
- Work closely and manage key business stakeholders and Executive Sponsors to ensure onboarding of firms is completed to the highest standard
- Handle queries of all types from clients ranging from fintechs to financial advisers. These will be hugely diverse in nature – and will include legal questions, technical queries related to integrating with our APIs, as well as functionality queries
- Generate MI and reporting analytics – for example identifying recurring issues and feature requests and monitoring trends to drive innovation in the on-boarding process
- Ensure a successful hand-off to our Customer Success team at the end of the onboarding process
- Train and coach new members of the team to share knowledge and help support their development needs
- Think of new and unexpected ways to ‘wow’ our customers
Who are we looking for?
- A people person with strong and confident communication skills. You’ll be able to easily build rapport and adapt your style depending on the client or situation
- Someone who is interested in technology and hungry to learn and develop new skills. You’ll buy into the fact that technology, particularly the use of APIs, can improve financial services – and specifically wealth management – for the better
- You’re a strong change professional and understand standard methods of programme delivery and can challenge the status quo
- You’re proactive, resilient and comfortable with ambiguity. You’ll like working at a fast pace, thinking on your feet and spinning plates
- You’re empathetic, kind and with bags of innate integrity. You’ll do the right thing, even when no-one’s watching
- Experience in change / programme delivery in the advisery and wealth management sector is advantageous
Our culture and working environment
We’re a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We’re a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up, and the substance to not screw them up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we’re proud we’ve cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath, London and (soon to be!) Edinburgh. We’re working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We’ve always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off, and access to the Outliers wellbeing community.
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to Octopus Moneycoach, Octopus share investment plan and Seccl invest (our own platform for you to manage your investments)
- Perkbox – range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
Like what you see?
Just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Karoline or Janette from our people team will be in touch.